Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February Exchange Cards






The theme for the February card exchange was "brads, buttons, or eylets".  I think we just did this in December, but it's an easy one.
The first card is the duck one, and below that I folded a paper strip to and then used buttons on it.  I used stickles to highlight the feathers on the duck.  The second one, I used buttons glued all over a heart cut out of cardstock.  I like how this one turned out, but I'm sure it will probably take extra postage to mail.
The third one is a paper pieced one, with stamped butterfly.  I used eyelets on it, and stickles to highlight the doodle on the left hand side.  It's been awhile since I made a pieced card.  I actually like doing them because you can use up some scraps.
The last one, I used a large eyelet flower for the O in love.  I like this one also.  Everyone will probably think it's a little late for the "heart" cards, but I think they can be used all year long.
Hope more people do the exchange.  It's always nice to have enough that we don't get our own cards back.

No comments: