Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiiving

Today was a pretty relaxing day.  I cooked a turkey,  made pies, cooked the rest of the dinner, and then Jeff and I ate it in about 10 minutes.  Doesn't seem like we spend alot of time cooking...to be eaten in just a few minutes...then we spend time cleaning up and putting it all away.  I love to cook...but it sure seems like it takes alot of my time.
I appreciate all the invitations we received for dinner today.  We just planned to stay home and relax, but alot of folks must have thought we'd feel bad if we weren't around a bunch of family.  It was nice that we were invited though.  Sharon Heiner came down this morning and brought us a fruit basket...super nice!  This afternoon she came back and brought her DIL to look at the house.  She and her husband are building a new home, and Sharon wanted her to see ours.  She is getting discouraged that it's taking so long.  I remember that well!
Kim and Larry had their new little guy yesterday...that's exciting.  They have such cute kids.  Can't wait to see him.  I made a "little" hat for him this morning.  I'll have to go over there to visit and take all their hats.
Well, I seem to be sort of rambling.  I have so much to be thankful for.  Our family, our home, our health.  I appreciate all the good friends we have, and the beautiful country we live in.  I appreciate our freedoms and all the bounty we enjoy.  We truly are blessed.
Jeff and his dad took a drive a couple of weeks ago, and this is a photo he took of the Tetons.  I thought it was very pretty.  I'm sure they have a ton more snow now.
GO BRONCOS!!!!

No comments: