Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7th Challenge for the Retreat

The challenge for this week (for our retreat in April) is to use a punch on your layout or card. I did a layout of a trip Jeff and I took to Jarbidge, NV last spring. The fall before, a fire started there, and since it is part wilderness area, they did not try to stop it. Unfortunately, the fire spread very quickly and burned hundreds of thousands of acres before they finally got it contained. We went down to see how bad it was, and it was sad. We had always spent time hiking in to see the wilderness on the other side, and to see everything charred was sad. We also saw a wolf on this trip. At first, I just thought it was a coyote, but Jeff said..."no, it's way too large to be a coyote. That's a wolf". He didn't seemed to even be bothered much by us, just stood there and watched us. Made me nervous though.
I wish more people would share their challenge work with us. Makes me wonder if anyone is looking at the blog or not. Of course, I never really know if anyone looks at mine either. I just think of it as my "Journal" more or less. I enjoy sharing it, but even if no one ever looks at it, I have a record of my thoughts and happenings in my life.

No comments: