Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Quilt


I thought I'd post a photo of one of the quilts I've finished this year for my grandkids. As some of you know, my daughter seems to think I should carry on the tradition of making a quilt for each of my grandkids for when they get married. My mother (bless her soul) has done that for her grandkids, and Steph (easy for her to say) thinks I should too. Now, as I pointed out...there are some differences between my mother & I. First of all, she didn't work full time like I do. But, in her defense, she did have alot of yard work and the garden and everything else...so, I started. Thank heavens for my sister Doris, who has quilted them for me. I am not sure I'd even try if she didn't do that for me. But, I have really loved sewing the tops. It's like putting together patterned paper...this one is one of my favorites, and I'm sure it's because the fabric is JUST like patterned paper. Robin saw it in my closet and wanted to know what she had to do to get it!

2 comments:

Robin said...

just give me a number!! any number!

Stephanie said...

She may have to wait till one of the boys gets married, beg them to pick that quilt, then quietly steal it from their house one day!!