Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family Reunion was a good time

Brother against brother in the stick pull. When the young kids got tired (finally) of playing this game, the older "Kids" started. Jason & Travis played until they both sort of just finally gave up. Neither one could pull the other one over. Jason's hands were all red and sore, especially where his wedding ring was. Mike and Wade played until Mike finally got Wade...but their legs were shaking they had worked so hard at it.
Who's kid is this? Treven kept calling "Grandpa" come and look at this. He and Sam were having a great time. They even built up the fire that had pretty much gone out.

We had a horse shoe tournament, which was cut short due to lack of time. Scott and I played together, and we actually came in 3rd...surprise. I don't know the first thing about playing, but it was alot of fun.


Lunch was a taco made right in the bag of Doritio's. It was pretty good and nice and easy. Food was super...as always.



One of the things we had to do for the Amazing Race, was to drink a liter of root beer, and it had to be done by the person on the team that was over 40. Janell was going to let Travis drink it for their team, but I said...no way. So, she sat right next to me, and said she'd throw it up on me if it came to that. I finished 4th out of 8, so I didn't think I did too badly. When they announced lunch though, I thought...I'm not even hungry. Then I remembered why...to much root beer.




Our teenager had to shoot the bow and arrow. I'm not sure that Lindsay had ever shot one before, but she pulled through for us. They had to make 30 points.





Part of our team. Abbe, Lindsay, & Steph. We had myself (over 40) Steph (20-39) Lindsay had to be our 15-19, Brooke 11-14 Dillon 6-10 and Abbe was our 3-5 year old. It was fun running all over and getting our clues. Pulling a pallet with 400 pounds of rock salt on it around the loop was about the hardest thing we did. Janell said her back hurt more from doing the gunny sack race than the pull though. Great time...thanks to the Jensen family for all their hard work.

Our family reunion was this past weekend, and it was really alot of fun. I thought I'd post some photos..not many, because they kept us running, throwing, pounding, drinking, shooting, guessing...you name it. The theme was the Amazing Race, and we broke into groups and did all kinds of things. Janell said they should have told us in the invitation that if you weren't in shape you shouldn't bother to come. I think all of us "old" folks are feeling it. But, it was a ton of fun and got old and young to work together.







No comments: