Friday, August 28, 2009

Old photos

I think I mentioned on the post about my birthday party the kids threw, and how they made a video of photos that made me cry. It was so moving to see all the kids growing up, getting married, having kids...it's amazing to me how fast time goes by. I just thought I'd share a couple of the pics they got from my mother. This is what I looked like when I was young. My mother said she was so frustrated with my hair. She would comb it all nice in the morning, and before long it was just flying everywhere. It took her awhile to realize that I had naturally curly hair, and it was going to do what it wanted. I've always hated it! In high school the trend was long, straight hair...even soup cans and ironing it wouldn't straighten it out. WOW...can't believe how fast life has gone by.
Jeff and I enjoy classic cars, and when I look at some of these old photos, I wish we had some of the cars in them. I think this was Grandpa Firkins car that I'm sitting on. I loved him alot. He always had candy or gum in his pockets when he would come out to visit.

Bummer...copied the same photo twice and can't seem to delete it, so you get to see it twice...that's good, right? This is my favorite dog. Lassie. She had one blue eye and one green eye. Amazing that I can still remember that, isn't it? Especially since Chelsey told me how "OLD" I'm getting the other night. That girl can be replaced you know!

No comments: