Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mother Daughter 50's party

Aubrie and McKenzie were dressed up for the party, and I had fun dancing with them to that rock music that we still love hearing. McKenzie impressed us all with her dancing.
My mother called me in July, and asked if I'd go to a Mother/daughter party at the church with her. Ashley, my niece, was in charge of the decorations, and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole party wasn't her idea. She's very good at making ideas come to life. Check out the juke box and the big rootbeer float...Each table had records for the centerpieces with soda glasses filled with pink whoppers or marshmallows. The pop was in a big tub on ice...and it was all the old style glass bottles. They had 50's music playing, so I was dancing with the girls in the picture up above. My sis, Margene, had made her granddaughters the skirts. It was really pretty fun. The food was fun.. hamburgers, fries, potato salad and green salad, and then ice cream sundae's for dessert.

No comments: