Saturday, July 7, 2012

July exchange card #2











I really LOVED making this card, and how beautiful they turned out.  I was very excited.  I saw this technique in the new Scrapbooks & Cards magazine, and thought I 'd try it.  The snowflakes were chipboard ones that I had purchased a long time ago and never used.  You cover the chipboard with embossing ink, sprinkle on the first color (I used the blue), heat, and then immediately cover 3-4 times again...with the beginning color.  You then cover with another color the last time.  I used a sparkly one, but it didn't really change the color.  I think if you used a different color rather than almost clear you could see it better.  As soon as you have finished heating the last coat, you stamp it with a stamp that has been inked with metallic ink.  I used gold.  If you look closely, you can tell where some of the embossing powder had started to cool before I got to it...and it doesn't look as embedded.  But, on the whole....loved the technique and loved how they turned out.

No comments: