Monday, July 16, 2012

Card of the day




I had to make this card taller...because the giraffe wouldn't fit on the regular sized card.  So I made this 5x7 and put the four on it so I could use it for Kylee's birthday.  She turned 4 on Saturday.  She seemed excited to get it, and I read the message to her.  But she was way more excited with the doll we gave her.  It was one of those that talks and makes sounds when you put the bottle in her mouth.  I figured she had a ton of dolls, but Jeff said..."get her a doll.  That's all she ever wants to play with when she comes out here"...and he was absolutely right.  She seemed to love it.  She opened her other gifts and was excited with the new clothes and the Dora pillow, but she immediately went back to the doll and asked Ivy to open it for her.  I was impressed with how patient Ivy was with her, and how helpful she was with her parents.  She has really grown into a wonderful young lady.  All of them were so fun to spend time with Saturday night.
When I got to Jason & Sally's Saturday night, we had had a huge rain storm, and there were puddles everywhere.  I got soaked just carrying in a few groceries that I ran to WalMart and picked up.  Anyway...when I drove up, Kylee was outside in their driveway, walking around in circles...right in the deepest part of the puddle.  I wanted to grab my camera and get a photo, but when she saw me drive up, she ran to tell her parents that I was there.  Missed opportunity.
We were going to have a little meeting of my family yesterday, to finish planning the family reunion, but one by one, everyone backed out.  David had to go to work, Steph didn't even know we were having the meeting and had made other plans, and Danelle said it was the only night this week that she would ge to be home.  Jason & Sally left at 3:00 am this morning for the trek, so...I went on Utube and searched "minute to win it" games.  Some of them look like way fun...Danelle said she would send out an email with 15 games and we could each do three.  Looks like it might be alot of fun. 

No comments: