Thursday, February 16, 2012

VD treats


I think I wrote that I baked for about four hours on Monday evening....I was sick of baking.  But, it was fun to make up some treat containers to deliver.  Jeff loves these sugar cookies (even though he shouldn't be eating them) so I bake them about once a year.  Then I tried to give most of them away to keep him out of them.  I also baked chocolate chip cookies.


These are the containers that I filled to give away.  I put about a dozen cookies in each one.  Some of both kinds, put a card with it, and made a little tag.  Nothing big or time consuming.


I delivered them before I went to work on Tuesday morning.  I just put them in the widows mailbox, and dropped mom's off to her, and then we had lunch with Vern & Reta so I gave them theirs then.  I also took a couple of sugar cookies and a card for each person at work.  Lynn was funny.  He said..."oh, oh...I'm in trouble.  I didn't get Lois a Valentine's gift".


I hate to admit this, but I never did get anything out in the mailbox for the mailman at Christmas time and felt bad.  So, I covered a box of licorice and put a tag on it and put it in the mailbox that day also.  I guess he got it.


Last night, I got a call from one of the widows thanking me for the "cutest little containers full of goodies and the cutest card".  He said I can't do anything for you but thank you and it means alot.  That made me feel really good.  He also said, "I hope you both keep working because I need the money to live on".  I told him we keep telling our kids that too.

No comments: