Tuesday, February 7, 2012















This is a layout that I started when I went to a CKU in Provo.  So it's got to be quite a few years old.  I had never put any photos on it, or finished the whole thing.  It was a class that Scenic Route put on, and we actually got the paper to make two different layouts.  I decided I really needed to start using up some of these (I have a bag full).  So, here's the first one.
The photos are from this past summer when we went to Arco 4-wheeling.  Pickles is a very popular place to eat there, and they have this huge green rocker out front.  Jeff's mother thought we should all have our picture taken in it.  They turned out cute.  It was a great time and we loved the rides, the food, and everything else.  I don't think I put in the journaling, the funniest thing that happened though.
When we were planning the trip, Reta thought we should each take an evening meal and plan it.  That way we didn't have to eat out so much.  Susan was supposed to do Saturday night, Reta would do Sunday evening, and I would do Monday night.  I had the bright idea that I would do chicken fijata's.  So, I bought the chicken and cut it up and marineated it.  Had all the veggies, and had planned salsa and chips, along with spanish rice and then a raspberry/cream cheese pie for dessert.
Well, Saturday night we were all a little tired, so Susan said...let's just eat in the little restaurant in the RV park.  OK...we ate breakfast there that morning also.  Sunday morning, the restaurant isn't open, and Jeff and I were the only ones that brought food for breakfast, so we sat up our grill and cooked sausage and bacon, eggs, toast, orange juice, etc.  That evening, Reta thought we should eat at Pickles, so we did.  On Monday, we ate breakfast in the RV restaurant again, but since I had already cut up my chicken and all, I thought I needed to use it, so I cooked.  Jeff did the chicken and veggies on the grill.  I made the salsa and the rice...and the pie.  It was sooo good.  I loved it.  Anyway, we really gave everyone a bad time, because we had to pay for our own food everytime we ate out, and then I fed all of them twice!  It wasn't too bad though, but we're not letting them know.

No comments: