Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day




This is the cute little package my VT's brought me when they came last week.  I thought it was way cute.  It has a white chocolate covered pretzel, hot chocolate mix, and mini marshmallows in the cellophane bag.
Last night I baked a double batch of chocolate chip cookies, a batch of sugar cookies (heart shaped and iced).  I made four little bowls with cookies in them for a couple of widows that live by us (men) and one for Mom and one for Jeff's parents.  I was beat when I got done.  It was after 10 and I started at 6:00.  Geez.  I don't know why I start these things.  But, it will be cool.  I've given both these men cookies on Valentine's day for two years already, and couldn't quit now.
Jeff and I decided we were giving each other anything for Valentine's Day.  Just dinner sometime when we get the time.  Tonight we're holding a meeting to try and plan my mother's 90th birthday party.  We are holding it on March 24th.  She'll turn 90 on the 20th....90...wow.  She has a twin brother, and he is still living also.  She has a brother who is three years older than herself, who is still living also.  Her aunt lived to be 104...I think I have some genes to live a long life if I take care of myself.

No comments: