Thursday, February 9, 2012

My obsession with magazines




I try to clean out my magazines about every two years.  I was one of the original subscriber's to Creating Keepsakes magazine.  I kept them for a long time, and finally started running out of room.  Styles change, techniques come and go, and I finally decided I just needed to purge them.  So, I decided that I would keep magazines for two years and then get rid of them.
My problem is, that I subscribe to EVERY magazine out there for crafts, quilting, scrapbooking, and making cards.  It's crazy, but I love them. 
Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooking etc., Cards, Trends, Criquet, Handmade, Papercrafts, and many that have gone out of business already.  One of my favorites that didn't last nearly long enough was Scrapbook Answers.  I loved it and still have them...even though they are more than two years old.
I keep my Cards magazines a little more because cards don't go out of style as much...although they really do change styles. 
When I finally get rid of them, I go through and cut out some of my favorites and save them.  Especially sketches for alot of photos because I usually use alot on my layouts.  But, even those are really starting to pile up.  I need to threw them away once I use them, but so far I haven't...but it's coming.  There's just way too much stuff stacking up.


This is a box of mag's, stamps, binders, stickers, embellisments, etc. that I'm giving away to my niece.  Or who ever wants them.  I took some paper scraps to Liz because she said she likes making cards with them...I'm sure if she uses those up, I'll have a ton more.
Is it hard for anyone else to purge and get rid of some of those treasures?  Or is it just me?  I go through my scraps or stickers or whatever, and start to put them in the throw away pile and then think...."you know, I could...."  and they go back in the box or drawer.

1 comment:

Creative Day said...

Okay, that first picture made me laugh. All those magazines, because I used to be the EXACT same way. I started cleaning out every year, then I quit subscribing and buying magazines, and I only have a handful any more. It is probably wasteful, but I don't have a problem getting rid of stuff. When I clean now, I pull some things out and wonder---What was I thikning when I bought this. But, then you scrapbook and make cards a ton more than I do.