Saturday, February 11, 2012

Challenge #1 for the April retreat 2012


For anyone that visit's the 4 Girls and a Dream blog, this is a repeat.  You can skip it...but, I thought there were a few ladies that read my blog that don't go to the retreat blog, and I wanted to share the challenges that I'm doing.  This is the first one and I'll be doing one every weekend for 11 weeks.
I found this sketch in the PageMaps2 book, and really liked it.  I had my photos from Christmas Eve, 2010, and decided to use this sketch for them.  Of course, I had tons more photos, so I stretched it into a double page layout.
The challenge was to add "dimension" to a layout.

I started with some patterned cardstock, but no glitter or anything on it.  Just flat paper.  I added Stickles to some of the borders and to the candy looking circles.

 I cut out some of the circles and put Stickles on them.  When they were dry, I slit them to the center and mounted them with a brad over another circle.  Then I slightly bent the edges up so you could see the dimension.

This is my two page spread.  The rest of the photos show some of the dimension I added, including some stickers that were 3d.  I really liked how it turned out.  My photos are never the best, because the lighting in my basement just doesn't make for good photos.  Plus, someone else is always taking them because I get to hand out the gifts which I just love.


















It's pretty easy to add dimension, and I challenge anyone to try it.

No comments: