Monday, August 1, 2011

Joy (Robin's version)


Last year, when Robin was here, we went to the annual craft fair out to Minico High School.  We wandered around and enjoyed seeing crafts and handmade items.  There were several versions of wooden blocks with letters on them, and she commented that she would like to make gifts for some friends for Christmas.  We decided to do JOY with "to the world" on the board that it set on.  I went to Stars Ferry and got boards, and Jeff helped me measure out and cut.  I sent Robin's up to her....but mine have set on the floor of my craft room for almost a year...in defense of myself, I had covered them with a cloth and I used them to set my cards on to photograph....yeah...okay.  I procrastinated.  Well, when Robin came this weekend, I suggested we make those up and I would donate one to the family auction.  So, this is Robin's version that she made.  Tomorrow, I'll post mine.  I would love it if everyone would comment on which one they would "buy" at the auction.  Then I'd know which one to take.  I love them both so much...I don't really want to give either one away.  Know what I mean?












Don't you just love the non-traditional colors of this?  I think it would be so much fun to decorate with these colors instead of the red/green....Thanks Robin.   Thanks for coming down and sharing the weekend with us.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I had loads of fun with this project!! Thank you for letting me come visit! Where is your version of the blocks?