Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

 For Easter, I wanted to make each of the girls a headband.  I didn't think I would get them done, but by setting a goal of three a day, I accomplished it.  Then I spent early Saturday morning trying to make the flowers to go on them, and sewing buttons on all of them.  It was right down to the wire...but I made it.  I got dart guns for the two boys.  You blew the foam "arrows" out of them.  Treven could blow four out at once.  What a trick. 
These were the smallest headbands I made, so they had to go to Ellie and Kylie.  I believe Ellie took the pink flowered one and Kylie got the purple flower.

I don't remember exactly who took what, but I know Mikayla ended up with one of these yellow ones, because the black (it was really navy blue) and orange one I made her was too small.  I've got to get her another BLACK one made.











The above ones were really a true orange flower.  I made them for Mikayla and Chelsey.  Of course, Chelsey commented that it took me so long to make them, that she wouldn't be able to wear them until next winter.  Today we had snow, so she might end up wearing it yet.
Easter was great.  We played relay games to begin with.  Then ate.  Dave cooked tri-tips since it was his and Steph's anniversary.  He bought her an electronic frame and scanned tons of photos and put on it for her gift.  It was so much fun watching all of them.  Steph really loved how thoughtful it was.  The kids and fun finding all the eggs and getting all the treats.  After dinner, we had anniversary cake...
What a great time for all. 
I was impressed with how well all the kids got along, and how well they treat each other.  I believe all their parents have taught them well.

No comments: