Friday, April 29, 2011

4th day of retreat layouts



This is another layout from the 4th of July weekend.  There is a mining district above Mackay, and they have made trails all over it for people to visit.  There are trails that you can drive a car or pickup on, trails for 4 wheel drives, and trails only wide enough for a 4-wheeler.  We rode them all and loved it.
I was leading at one time, and just kept going up and up and up...finally, I pulled off on a little ledge to wait for Jeff because I could see other tracks and was afraid to go to the top in case someone came down.  When Jeff finally came up, he couldn't believe that I had just kept going.  The trail was very rocky and steep, and he had stopped way back thinking I'd stop and be afraid to keep going.  So coming down, I put it in 4 wheel drive and tried to go pretty slow.  Luckily we never did meet anyone coming up.  Where was my head?
We also took a couple of the 4-wheeler roads only, and that was a little wild since the snow had barely melted off, and they hadn't done anything with the trails.  But it was a super fun day, and we went back (at least Jeff did several times) with Jeff's family...they all wanted to see the same places we had gone.

No comments: