Monday, April 11, 2011

April Exchange Cards



The theme for the April exchange cards is "water coloring".  I tried some new things that I hadn't done before for part of these at least.  This is my first card.  I used a solid stamp and clear embossed it on water  color paper.  Then I used ink with a paint brush to fill in the flowers and birds.  Everyone knows I hate birds, but I lived through coloring them.  Anyway, I thought they turned out okay...not terrific, but I would try it again.  I did not like how the ink got in the embossing and didn't wipe out.  Maybe next time I'll just try to be a little more careful when I paint.
This past weekend was our retreat at the school house inn, and I had such a great time.  I haven't laughed so much in ages.  It was very relaxing and I loved all the ladies that came.  Thank you to everyone for making the retreat so great.  I'm very glad I don't have to cook for that many people very often.  It was actually a little stressful for me as I don't think I'm that good of a cook.  But it all worked out.  Again...thanks to all.

No comments: