Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Twin Peaks Lookout and drive

























This was a drive that Jeff, Steve, and I made last year, but Jeff & I didn't go clear to the top.  The wind was blowing and it was shale and switch backs all the way up...we chickened out.  So this year when we all went up, Bill said he was going up.  Anita wanted to ride with him, and then Larry decided to go, and of course Joe and Ruth went too.  So JoAnna, Jeff and I stayed at the little ledge.  We took some photos and played around, and then Bill came back and told us we "had" to go up.  It was just too beautiful not to.  So, we took off.  I'm afraid of heights, but I couldn't quit looking around.  Jeff got a little nervous, but it wasn't nearly as bad as we thought it would be.  So, we ended up at 10,394 feet...You can see about five mountain ranges from there and there were six little lakes below us.  It was an absolutely beautiful view.
This counts as my 2nd retreat challenge...do something you are afraid of.
The photos with the burned trees and flowers was a little side canyon we drove up on our way down from the lookout, and it was just breathtaking...I hated seeing the burned trees but wow!

No comments: