Monday, September 7, 2015

Reunion quilt







We had the idea to make a quilt and raffle it off at the reunion.  Janell found this pattern that she liked and asked me if I'd be in charge of it.  I had quite a few black and red scraps, so I pretty much cut all the pieces from scraps.  I did want to enlarge it to a queen size quilt though, so I did that.  I did have to purchase a few of the white w/black prints.  Then I purchased some black Downton Abby fabric to make sashing with to add width and length. We had a condo in Orem, and we spent part of our sister's retreat sewing this together.  With all of us working it didn't take that long.  When we got it sewn together, I really like how the black set the blocks apart compared to the pattern.  Then I used some black, red, and white/black for borders and quilted it.  I thought it turned out very pretty.  Loved the pattern, and might actually make another one.

No comments: