Monday, September 7, 2015
We had the idea to make a quilt and raffle it off at the reunion. Janell found this pattern that she liked and asked me if I'd be in charge of it. I had quite a few black and red scraps, so I pretty much cut all the pieces from scraps. I did want to enlarge it to a queen size quilt though, so I did that. I did have to purchase a few of the white w/black prints. Then I purchased some black Downton Abby fabric to make sashing with to add width and length. We had a condo in Orem, and we spent part of our sister's retreat sewing this together. With all of us working it didn't take that long. When we got it sewn together, I really like how the black set the blocks apart compared to the pattern. Then I used some black, red, and white/black for borders and quilted it. I thought it turned out very pretty. Loved the pattern, and might actually make another one.