Friday, December 6, 2013

November exchange card #3




This month's exchange was a little disappointing.  Only three of us participated.  But they were all cute.  This was the last card I made using the Primary colors...red/yellow/blue.  I thought it turned out fairly cute.  It was paper pieced and took a little time, but wasn't too bad.  I guess December will be our last month for the exchange.  Since Doris isn't going to feel like doing it, and Maxine & Laurie won't have a way to get their cards to me anymore...I've loved doing it for...how many years?  Can't even remember when we started.  I'm sad to not do it anymore.
Thanks to Katie I started cutting the snowflakes to finish my Christmas cards.  She let me borrow some snowflake dies from Tim Holtz....and the magnetic tray that holds them...I've never seen that and it works so slick.  Love it!  And the size is perfect.  Thanks again Katie.
Louie had his open heart surgery yesterday, and they were able to repair his valve, and they did three bypasses.  It took less than the 8 hours they had said...about 5-6...and he came through okay.  That's a big relief for our family.  We seem to be having some real health issues lately and it's rather disconcerting.  Grateful that Louie is on his way to recovery.

No comments: