Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Houston


I know...I don't like birds, but these flamingo's were so pretty.  There were about 20-25 of them just standing in this pool, looking beautiful.  I can see why people put them in their yards.  Of course, I wouldn't have one!


On Tuesday (when I was in Houston) I was bored to death staying in my hotel room, so I went to the zoo.  This was a "red panda" which I had never seen.  I thought they were very unique and loved watching them.

 
This Rhino was a sculpture that I thought was pretty cool.  They had sculptures like this all over the zoo.  People were putting their kids on them for photos.  They also had a lot of plants trimmed into animal shapes.
 
 

I had to make it to Hard Rock.  I always get a shirt from there if I can find one.  This one sure didn't have much to pick from.  I usually get a sweatshirt...none.  I also try to pick something up for Steph, but there just wasn't anything too cool.  I did get Jeff a Willie Nelson shirt, but that was about it.


The CED event was held at the aquarium, and that was really neat. It was four stories tall and the tanks went all the way.  The staircases wound around it. 


We were greeted by this underwater diver holding a sign that said:  Welcome CED employees and customers.  The whole building was reserved for us.  Outside they had a carnival type area with games and a few rides.  Also a train that you could ride.


I loved the white tiger.  They actually had four of them and they would rotate them.  That was way cool.

No comments: