Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Death


Death is never easy.  Yesterday my sister Doris passed away early in the morning.  I'm so sad to lose her, but I'm so glad she is out of the pain she was having.  And I keep reminding myself that it was a celebration for her.  She was able to see her husband, her son, my father, and other relatives that have gone on before.  She was ten years older than myself, and it seemed like I never really knew her and appreciated her until I was older and spent time with her.  She was very, very talented.  I have around 100 tatted snowflakes that prove that.  They will always be on my Christmas tree.  She knitted, she quilted, she cooked, she was so many things that I aspire to.  For the last ten years or so, my mother and various sisters when they could, went to Soda Springs and spent a week with her on her birthday.  We would make cards and quilt and enjoy getting to know each other better.  Rest in peace.  I love you.