Friday, April 26, 2013

Layout of Christmas quilts and my surgery



This is a layout that  I actually started at the retreat last October and finished at home later.  I will be sharing a few of these for awhile as I never had posted them before.  This year, I cooked a lot, so I didn't really get much of a chance to scrap.  I did visit with people more than usual though, which I just loved.


This side of the layout was the little quilts that I made all the girls when we went shopping before Christmas.  Robin and I had picked out the fabric and I had told her I'd make one for her....instead I ended up making about 10 of them.  That was crazy.... why do I always start these projects!


They were really cute though.
This side of the layout was actually in January after that Christmas.  I had carpel tunnel surgery on both wrists at the same time.  I also had the staple taken out of my knee from my ACL surgery.  Whenever I kneeled down it would hurt, and I thought it was working it's way out.  But, Dr. Crane said I just didn't have enough "fat" to cover it up well.  He told Jeff he had a terrible time getting it out.  He stood on a stool with vise grips on it, and hit it with a hammer to try and work it loose.  I'm glad I was out for that part of it.  The nurse came out and told Jeff that I said I LOVED Demarol.  I don't remember that at all...makes me wonder what else I said.
 


No comments: