Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January exchange card #1, 2012








The theme for the January exchange card was "scraps".  Love using up scraps.  I always have so many, especially after I've been scrapbooking.  So, as I finished up the layouts from the retreat, I thought...hey!  I have scraps that match from my layouts...I may as well use them right now to make my January cards.  So, if you've been paying attention, you'll notice that these scraps are from the Pumpkin Patch layout of Ellie.  Aren't I clever?
Last night we had dinner with a couple that I consider very good friends.  We never did get time to meet each other for our birthdays this year...or Christmas.  We spent 2-1/2 hours with them, and loved every minute.  We just couldn't quit visiting.  The restaurant emptied out, and we still just kept talking.  The waitress was probably ready to close up and leave, but she was very patient and just waited for us.  Thank heavens for good friends.  We vowed we wouldn't let time get by without meeting again soon...but, life just moves so fast.  I am determined to make more time for friends this year!

No comments: