Saturday, November 19, 2011

November exchange card #3

I know mom and Doris are NOT going to like this card.  It won't fit in an envelope and they never like it when I get carried away with embellisments.  Oh well.  I really loved making the flowers and thought it was special enough, that you would include it with a gift, or at least hand deliver it.  So I didn't include envelopes with it at all.










I loved how this card turned out.  Loved the colors, the paper, the flowers, the crinkled ribbon, the pearls...you get the idea.
Chicago wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  In fact, on Tuesday as we were about to land at O'Hara airport, the pilot announced that it was 64 degrees...what?  But, by Thursday it was freezing cold and the wind was blowing like Idaho...brrrrr.  Not much fun that day. And of course, that was the afternoon I had a little time to go shopping.  I didn't buy much though.  At Crate and Barrell, I did buy a cupcake stand for Danelle to use at Braquel's wedding.  It was way cute.  Now I have two of them.  I also got some Baker's twine...2300' for $8.95.  That's alot of twine...compared to about 10 yards for $2.00 around here.  Of course, it's all red...but still.
On the way home yesterday, I had a terrible day.  Up at 3:30 a.m., left the hotel at 4:35.  Got to O'Hara and went through security and caught my plane to ....San Francisco at 8:00.  We were to land in San Francisco at 11:00 and my flight to Boise was at 11:31.  We land at ten minutes to 11:00 and sit on the tarmack until 11:15...then instead of letting those who had connecting flights off first, they just announced for people to let them through if they could...of course....NO ONE COULD!  So, alot of use missed our connecting flight.  I stood in line at Customer Service for about an hour and a half...just to try and get on another flight.  I was told they had me on stand by for the next flight...if I didn't make that one...the next one...it was ugly.  I finally got into Boise about 3 hours later than I was supposed to.  Got home around 8:30.  Just so nice to be back home. 

No comments: