Monday, November 7, 2011

Cards for Cinda



















When I went for a haircut recently, I was asking Cinda what she was going to do for her teacher appreciation gifts this year.  She told me, and mentioned that she wanted to give about five "thank you" cards to each teacher for the month of December, and was trying to find someone to help her.  I volunteered. I thought it would be a good way to use up scraps. 
At WalMart, they have packages of cards, with envelopes for .97E.  Eight cards & envelopes...I figured that wouldn't be too bad.  So I started making some up.  I had the fronts covered before I went to the retreat, and took them with me thinking if I ran out of layouts to work on, I'd do cards.  On Saturday morning, Danelle started helping me by stamping different thank you's and then Robin came and started "designing" them.  It was great.  We finished everything I had taken with me. 
Then I decided...what the heck.  Maybe I should just keep making them.  So I bought more packs of cards and made 128...I put them in bunches of fives with a band.  I'm sure Cinda will finishing them off with ribbons and tags or something.  She's very creative.
So...I was going to take photos of them, but I realized it was just way too many.  No one wants to look through that many cards.  So I just took photos of the bunches.  It was fun, but I didn't even make a dent in my scraps.
So, I bought more packages of cards, and now I'm making a bunch to give to Janell.  She sends them to some SU ladies that donate them to soldiers.  She said that they divide them up by theme, and then different bases and divisions get them.  The chaplain's keep them and the servicemen and able to just go pick one up whenever they need one.  I'm excited about doing this.  If you want more information on helping with this, go to Janell's blog and get the details.
http://janellahern.blogspot.com/
What an excellent way to give at this time of year.  I feel so blessed and I am so grateful for the freedoms we enjoy, that it is a small way for me to give my thanks to the armed forces.  I am so grateful to live in this free country.

No comments: