Monday, January 31, 2011

Surgery

 I know this is sort of gross, but...it's life.  I had carpel tunnel surgery done on both my wrists on Friday, along with injections in both thumbs for arthritis.  My thumbs have been giving me a lot of trouble, and while I was having the surgery, Dr. Crane said they might as well give me the injections.  I guess they aren't very comfortable to get, so while I was out they did it.  The wrote on my wrists, my thumbs, and my knee with sharpie.  I guess Dr. Crane likes to make sure he's doing the right thing.  I had my wrists and knee bandaged up until this morning when I took everything off.  It is pretty uncomfortable, but not too bad. I guess everything will take time, but so far...so good.  You can see how my palm is black and blue.  Most Dr.'s cut clear through your palm, but Dr. Crane just makes a little slit in your wrist and goes in with a scope.  I only have one stitch in each wrist.
 I had an ACL done several years ago (by Dr. Crane) and this staple had backed out and was bothering me.  He said they might as well take it out while I was out also.  I guess he had a pair of vise grips on it, another pair of pliers, and was hitting it with a hammer trying to get it out.  It's huge!  I never would have guessed.
You can see the "yes" to the right of the photo.  Not pretty, but now maybe I can kneel down.  My leg hurts almost as much as my wrists do.  I'll be glad to get going again.

3 comments:

Robin said...

omg!! those photos made me cry!! I wish I could kiss it better for you!!! I love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am positivly reeling in pain just seeing your photos :O( You poor thing! Wish I was closer by to help you out or at least come visit with you :O( Best wishes for a quick recovery! XO Darla

Cinda said...

I have been thinking about you this week and wondered how things were going. I hope that you will be up and around soon.