Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another day

This fall, Jeff took Mom and I up to North Heglar to pick chokecherries.  We got around 5 gallons, and mom steamed them and made a concentrated juice.  For Christmas, I made syrup from it, and put it in pint jars.  I then cut circles of flannel fabric to go over the top, and made these labels.  For a couple of the gifts, I added a pint of frozen raspberry jam and put the two jars in a black metal jar holder I picked up at WalMart.  For the people at work, I just gave each of them the chokecherry syrup.  They really turned out cute I thought.  I miss judged how much syrup it would make though.  I used three quarts of juice, and ended up with about 9 pints and 1 quart of syrup.  I finished giving the rest of it to Sally and her mother when they came out Friday night. 
The cool thing is, we had fun taking mom to pick the berries, and I got some nice homemade gifts from it.

No comments: