Saturday, October 3, 2009

No photos

I don't have any photos to load today, but just a quick update on what's been happening around here. Work...it's been sooo busy. Lot's of quotes and problems to deal with, and I am trying really hard to get caught up so I can take a couple days off next week for the retreat. I'm getting really excited about that. I loaded a couple of tables from Jan's today, and three big boxes. Two full of the baskets we're giving away as a welcome gift, and one of SU stuff for Doris. She's going to drive over from Soda and pick them up. Janell has a bed covered with boxes to take. I'm not sure we'll be able to fit it all in. I may have to buy an enclosed trailer so I can haul STUFF to retreat's.
Robin and the boys came down yesterday to take Braquel's senior photos and a Jone's family photo. It was sooo cold though, that they didn't get many family ones. Ellie has been sick, in fact, the whole family has been sick, and she was too miserable to get many shots. Robin thought they got some good ones though. I can't wait to see them. She is hoping to have them done to bring to the retreat.
Robin wanted to go to Twin to Scrapp'n Girlfriends, so I went down with her. It was Octoberfest in Twin, so they had a couple of blocks closed and were selling wares and food down them. We went to Girlfriends and to Tiffany Square. The girls at Girlfriends are always so friendly and great to help with idea's and showing us things to make. They let you take photos of projects which is helpful when you're trying to "copy" an idea. I always get so much inspiration when I go in there. I love going.
I finished my recipes for the retreat this afternoon, and then rode out to Jeff's parents with Jeff to pick up our "Boat". A few years ago, we bought a refrigerator for his parents in exchange for the "boat". We have never used it, but his dad wanted us to put it in the shed to keep it from getting water in it and freezing this winter. We have also commited to buy their motor home from them and they're throwing in his pickup his pulls it with. A '74 Chevy. The cool thing about it though, is that it has a 454 engine in it...that could be good! Anyway, we're getting way to much "stuff"...
On a sad note, Lynn's brother passed away on Thursday morning. He did get to go down to Utah last weekend and see him though. I guess his service will be on Tuesday. Seems like we've lost alot of people lately. My heart goes out to Lynn and his family. Also to Jennifer and Troy with the loss of their father. It's hard to lose a loved one no matter when or how.

No comments: