Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend















Wow...a busy weekend, but sooo much fun. On Thursday night, Jeff and I went to a private party. They had prime rib roast, baked potato's, green beans, hot rolls, and dutch oven cobbler...and the Bar J Wranglers. It was awesome. After all that, the local Basin Boys jammed. They were REALLY good. What an awesome celebration...thanks Neil and crew for a great evening.
On Friday morning, Jeff and Dad loaded up horses and gear, and headed for the hills and the yearly elk hunting trip. I joke about how much it costs...horses, feed for them and grub for the guys, the 3/4 ton pickup to pull that big horse trailer that cost plenty, studded snow tires, a saddle, a bridle, etc. etc. etc. But in the end, it's just like the MC commercial..."Time with Dad...priceless". Jeff loves hearing all the stories of when Vern was young. I wish he could record them, because at 84 I'm not sure how much longer he'll be going hunting and horse back riding with Jeff. I had a call from Jeff last night...they haven't even seen a track yet. BUT...they've seen a pack of wolves...which means they probably won't see anything. But...don't get me started on the wolf problem here in Idaho.
Friday night we held our family "Craft Party". Thanks to the Johnson's for some great projects and for hosting it at their home. We made five different projects and had some awesome food. We all seemed to really enjoy the FOOD! We made clocks, ornaments, a rag quilted wall hanging, paper purses, and a birthday envie calendar. Great fun getting together with the girls.
On Saturday we made a pilgrimage to Minico's huge Craft Fair. It's one of the best. I didn't find much that I couldn't live without, but Marcy bought some things for the NEW home...then it was Doc's pizza for lunch...yummy. Then we worked on our Advent calendars...thanks Michelle and Scrapping Girlfriends for the idea. Love it. Instead of putting things to do each day on my tags (since I don't have kids to do them) I'm digging through photos of my kids, Jeff's kids, grandkids, etc. all from Christmas's past. I'm going to mount the picture on the front, but write whatever I can remember about that Christmas or child on the rest of the tag. I have already dug out some pics and am excited about it.

At 5:00 on Saturday, Danelle & Sally put together a little family Halloween party. The kids all had a great time with the cousins. I heard that Sammy (the skunk) was "lifting his tail and (sssss) spraying everyone". Too cute.
I made taco soup and hot rolls for dinner, and then made homemade cinnamon rolls for a treat. Steph made her famous chicken /bacon wraps which was super good too. All in all it was such a fun time. Robin and the boys didn't leave till Sunday afternoon, which gave us time to play a little WII with the boys. Sorry I'm not too good at that, but they thought it was great fun to "beat" Grandma. Thanks boys for being sooo good all weekend. It was so great to see you. And "thanks" Chris for that awesome bookmark you made me.

Thanks to everyone that came and made the weekend so much fun. Can't wait for another one just like it. Except...maybe more time to do all those projects we plan and run out of time for. Namely...Photoshop help!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We had an awesome time-thanks for letting us come and at least TRY to get a start on our Christmas stuff.

Robin said...

Had a GREAT time!! thanks for having me and the boys over to visit!