Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Snow and "Bestest Grandpa Ever"

Treven was so cute on Sunday...of course, he always is...but Jeff and Gary went out to the shop to see the new workbench that Jeff built...and is so proud of. When they came in, Treven was showing Jeff that he still has the little "leatherman" pocket knife that he gave him two or three months ago. This is the knife that he cut the badmitton nets with and got it taken away for awhile. Anyway, he showed it to Jeff, and then snuggled up beside him and said...and this will melt your heart..."You're the bestest' Grandpa Ever". Now...does that melt your heart or what? Jeff thinks it's so cool that Treven is such a little "guy" boy. He loves tools, motors, bikes, 4-wheelers, guns, handcuffs, etc. He told Grandpa that for Christmas he has a leatherman picked out at WalMart that he wants. Gary told him he couldn't have it until he was eight, so Treven started counting...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8...that's ONLY 3 more years!




This is what it looked like Saturday after we had snow most of the day. They say we received anywhere from 14-18" that day. Danelle and Gary live in Albion, and they said they probably received two feet there. Their front door wouldn't even open. It was really a heavy, wet snow, so it didn't blow much. We saw trees broken because of the weight. It was beautiful...just way too early. There are farmers that had just cut their hay, had beans still in the field, lots of potato's and tons of beets still out. Hopefully this dries up and it warms up so they can finish harvesting. I've lived here nearly all my life, and I remember snow storms...even on the 4th of July...but never this much, this early. I know we need the moisture though, so I'm not going to complain too loudly.
The other thing I loved on Saturday, was watching BSU win their football game. We made pizza and watched...and hollered. I tend to scream and cheer just like I was at the game. The team is still undefeated for the season. We will be going to Boise for the Hawaii game on Friday night. I certainly hope it warms up and the snow melts before then. I understand though, that Boise didn't get anywhere near as much snow as we did. Go Bronco's.

Sunday, I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner early. I had a 22 pound turkey, that I wanted to cook so we would have turkey slices for Jeff and his dad to make sandwiches with when they go elk hunting. I knew that was huge though, so we had Danelle, Gary, and the kids, and my mother over for dinner. I cooked pies, made my salad, and prepared alot of stuff on Saturday. Then finished my rolls, potato's and corn on Sunday. It was very good. I think I'll try to have each of the families over at some point before Thanksgiving, since this is the In-law year. I get all my kids every other year on Thanksgiving...So...maybe Jeff and I will have to run the "Turkey Trot" this year. Last year, I was cooking, but Steph, David, and Jeff went and helped with sign up and taking photo's.



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe you got that much snow-ours melted as soon as it hit the ground.

Cederberg Family said...

I didn't know that you had a blog! Well now I will be checking in, thats for sure! I still can't believe how much snow you guys all got! I thought twin got alot!

Janell said...

Jenna and I love the pix of Treven and Danelle. Your pix of the snow are great. I have some from our deck too and they are awesome.