Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend

This weekend, it rained all night on Friday and most of the morning on Saturday. It was sort of a crappy weekend, because on Friday night we found out that we are probably going to have to put our horse down. He's gone down with Jeff a few times, so we took him to a trainer to look at, and he told us his back was out in two places. No worries, he had a lady that works on horses for that, and if they could get it back in and get it to stay, he should be fine. He had him for two weeks, and the back stayed in place, but he said his knees are going very weak. He said eventually, he would buckle and it would break his leg and throw Jeff. Now, we're not sure whether to chance riding him at all, just feed him and keep him as a pet, put even MORE money into taking him to another vet...or what. So, it was just one of those dreaded weekends. Besides that, Jeff's old (retired) boss is coming through on Wednesday, and Jeff invited him to spend the night at our home, so I spent Saturday cleaning. Not that my house is really dirty, but it was a job just getting everything vaccumed and dusted. Luckily I did my windows a week or so ago...of course since it rained they need it again, but...too bad. They aren't going to get it!
Jeff is excited to go deer hunting this weekend. His father turned 84 today, and is still going hunting with him. Even elk hunting where they ride the horses all day. This weekend they're taking the 4-wheelers. We've made several trips to Sportsman's warehouse in the last week getting everything he wanted...why do I worry about what I spend on scrapbooking? It's a drop in the bucket compared to what guns, horse trailers, horses, feed, bridles, all the gear, the pickup and diesel...etc, etc, etc. But...time with Dad....PRICELESS!

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

I am sorry about your horse...too sad! How awesome is that about Jeff's dad. I hope I am still in shape and good health at his age to want to ride horse all day (not that I ride a horse now, but you get my point:)

Robin said...

I am so sorry about the horse!! See buy as much ribbon as you WANT!