Thursday, August 27, 2015

Log Cabin quilt


This is the second log cabin I made with these fabrics.  Put it together with the light colors together so it wasn't just like the other one.  To do this, I ended up using less squares than the first one since I didn't want to end up with a half light color...so I made the square border to add length and width.  I like how it turned out.


I loved Christy's idea of using a piece of clear plexiglass to draw your design on the quilt before you start quilting.  I picked up a 18x24 piece at Lowe's and with a dry erase marker....works great.  Then just erase when you're finished deciding what to do.


I actually loved both of the log cabin quilts and might consider making another one..even though I don't like make the same quilt patterns.  Every one turns out different though.

No comments: