Saturday, August 8, 2015

Cleaning my grout



I realize that it is hard to see the difference in the grout in these photos, but in real life...I can.  I found on pinterest a way to clean your grout, so I started in our master bedroom bath, and decided I'd do a room a week, until I had it all finished.  Well, it's taking longer than I planned, but I am getting there.  It is sort of hard work...and time consuming.  You use Clorox toilet bowl cleaner, apply...let sit 10 minutes.  Then use a bristled brush to scrub it.  Let sit another 10 minutes then mop up.  The mopping up takes quite a lot.  Like 3-4 or even 5 times to get it all cleaned up.  Let dry and then use sealer to seal it again.  Looks pretty good...even if you can't tell it much in the photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Grout is perhaps the toughest thing to clean on tiled floors. For that, I'd recommend a solution of oxygen bleach and warm water. Let that thing settle on the grout and it'll gradually "soften" the dirt, allowing for easier cleaning.

German Zollinger @ Total Clean Equipment