Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My tatted snowflakes













As you all know, I love tatting.  Probably because it is so dainty and fine first of all, and then because I can NOT do it.  I can usually do most any crafty thing...maybe not super well...but I can usually muddle through it.  But tatting...it's a different story.  Doris tried to teach me several times.  I just could not slide my knot down the thread.  So instead of sticking to it and learning, it was easier to just ask her for something tatted every time she had my name for Christmas.  Not that I got it, but I do have a couple of doilies that she made.  AND my snowflakes.  I had to buy quite a few of them at the family auction, but it was worth it.  When I took down my tree this year I counted them, and I have 67 of them.  And almost all of them are unique.  I don't know how she came up with so many different designs, but I love to sit and just look at the tree and see how wonderful they are.  Thank you for the wonderful memories sister!

No comments: