Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cross stitched quilt top


In September when Mom, Margene, and I went to Soda for our yearly visit with Doris, she had a brown toned quilt ready to start quilting for one of her grandkids.  We put it on Wednesday after lunch and quilted all afternoon.  We didn't get too much done, but it was a start.  Doris got worse after that though, (breaking her pelvis) and when she and mom went back to Soda they worked on it a lot.  Even one of Doris' quilting friends came over and helped them get it finished.  Well...then she brought out another kit to start.  She didn't get very far on it, before she passed away, so I took this section, Mom kept one, and Margene took one.  I have spent soooo many hours cross-stitching that when I close my eyes...that's all I see.  Little x's all over.  There's been a night or two that I couldn't even go to sleep for counting them all.
But, it will be pretty if we ever get it done.


No comments: