Thursday, October 11, 2012

Riding in northern Utah



So, if you have been following this...and now...the rest of the story.
After riding most of the day, we came to what they said was the hardest part of the trail.  Side hill.  Very steep, and narrow, side hill.  I don't think I've mentioned that I was the only lady out of the four, that drove her own 4-wheeler.  The other ladies just rode behind their brave, strong man.  But, no...I need to be in charge of myself, so I ride alone.  We had been down some rocky hills, where I must admit I was a little nervous a time or two, but not too bad.  Now, they are warning me...and I'm thinking I was an idiot not to ride with my brave, strong man...
Well, we started out with Bill & JoAnn in front, then Joe and Ruth, then Jeff, then myself, and Larry and Anita bringing up the rear.  As we are going across this narrow, steep drop off trail, a side by side with four people in it come towards us.  They aren't pulling off, so Bill tries to pull to the steep drop off side, then Joe instead of just pulling off slightly...heads his bike down hill.  It immediately tips and throws Ruth right off the side.  Bill comes running back to try and keep Joe from going clear down the hill, and I thought the bike ran over Ruth.  They did manage to get the bike turned and it took awhile to get Ruth up.  But, she said she was fine. She did have a big dent in her helmet though.  Good thing she was wearing it.
We saw more deer and a badger...it's the most wildlife I've seen for ages.  We finally got back to Almo at dark and ate dinner at the Outpost...which is always a treat.  Then back to the campground for a movie and bed.
We loved the trip.  Can't wait to go do it again.  Jeff called his brother Steve and he wanted to come up and do it this past weekend, but we just had too much to get done.  Maybe if the weather doesn't get bad they can do it when Jeff gets back from elk hunting.
Today...I'm headed to our scrapbooking retreat.  Should be a kick!

No comments: