Sunday, October 28, 2012

Retreat Welcome Bags







This year for the fall retreat, I was in charge of the welcome bags.  Our theme was "School House Rock", and we thought back packs full of school type supplies that could be used for scrappin' also, would be cute.  I found the black/pink flowered bags at the dollar store in Burley when they were closing, and then could never find anymore that weren't $20.00 each.  We try not to spend that much money on the bag, because then you can't afford to put anything in it.
I bought lots of school supplies when WalMart got their stuff out, plus I made bulletin boards with a magnet, and put a home work assignment on each.  It was either a sketch to use, or an idea for a layout that I had cut out of a magazine.  Alot of the ladies actually did the assignment at the retreat.
We had pencils, erasers, chalk, Sharpies (Black and one color) post-it-notes in two sizes, colored pencils,....too much stuff to mention actually. 
About two weeks before the retreat I was in Twin shopping, and looking for back packs and struck a deal with the lady at WalMart.  She sold me the clear back packs for $5.00 each.  They were regular $17.99, but the Twin Falls school district wouldn't let kids use clear back packs, so they were anxious to get rid of them I think.  So, finally I got everything put in them and it took three totes to store them so we could stack them up in the Uhaul we took to the retreat.
I was excited to finally get all that stuff off my spare bed...
but then I started stacking up stuff for Halloween...and now I even have some Christmas stuff started in there.

No comments: