Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rag quilts


Jeff's mom brought me a cd with photos on it the other day, and I was tickled that it included photos of the caring and sharing display (she went with me to see it and had her camera with her) and a few of the girls with their rag quilts from Christmas.
Those of you who live here. probably got to see the tree display that the Stapelman family put together this year. I thought it turned out awesome. Right down to the hand knitted stockings. Great job family. This was the quilt that my family made for the Americana theme.



This is Lindsay with her rag quilt. She wanted a red/black/white because that's her school colors. I'm assuming she wants to take it on the bus trips when they travel or something.

Brittney picked pink and brown for the colors of her rag quilt. I sort of felt bad because I got the pattern for the flowers on the quilts at the craft fair, but I already had a bunch of them made...sorry.

Braquel thought she was going to get a purple...quilt, but her room is pink and black, so I think she was really surprised when she got one that actually matched her room. Mikayla thought she was getting an aqua one, but after she saw the fabric for Brittney's, she was telling Danelle how cool it was and she wished she could get that color...so ...what the heck. They all acted like they liked them, which is always nice. In fact, Mikayla told me when Braquel leaves home and she gets her own room she wants to do it in the colors of her quilt now.

No comments: