Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year



Automation Fair was in Nashville last year, and it was awesome. I had never had any desire to go there before, but I really enjoyed it. We stayed at the Gaylord Hotel which was sooo cool. They had millions of lights...they told us they started putting them up right after the 4th of July every year. The hotel is all enclosed with glass ceilings...like a giant atrium.


I took one afternoon from the show off and went downtown. I went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, Hard Rock, Charlie Daniels museum, the Wild Horse Saloon, Ryman Auditorium. It was just fantastic. I got Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce and shirts and shot glasses for the Jones', a Hard Rock pair of sweats for Steph, all kinds of things. We drove by the Titan's football field on the way there. It was just really a great time.




Our annual shopping trip to Boise was fun. It's the first time we took any kids. Sally was nursing Kyli though, and she was sooo good. We hardly knew we had her with us.




Whitney started taking dance last year, and she danced at the Festival of Trees. She was so excited. She had a cool hairdo and glitter and make-up. She was great, and on Christmas Eve she did her dance for us...even without the music.



We had the Wood Christmas party at our house last year since Reta had been down with a bad back since June. It was fun. There was a big snowstorm on Friday, so we didn't think anyone would come from Utah, but they ALL came. It was great fun. I enjoyed decorating and hosting it.
As you can see, I've really been getting some scrapbooking done. I've been doing simplier layouts and I like them okay, but I'm not thrilled with them. But, at least I'm getting them in the book. It's actually been fun.
New Year's is gone already, and my goal this year is to lose weight and get into better physical shape. I've been getting up and using the treadmill, and today I threw in the Bowflex also. Then I started the Wii fit and it's the first time. I spent a half hour just trying to get started. And then it told me I was underweight???? No way. Then it told me I was 71 years in Wii fit age...wow. I've got a long ways to go obviously.
Tonight is the BSU/TCU game. I'm excited, but I don't really expect Boise State to win. I think TCU should have been playing for the championship and not in the Fiesta Bowl. Oh well, I guess we'll see how it goes.









No comments: