Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

Wow, it was a busy year, but it went by sooo fast. I can't believe another year has come and gone so quickly. Where did it go? It seems like only a few weeks ago that we were emptying the files and drawers at work, and now it's time to do it again. And the kids are growing up so fast it's unbelievable.
After Braquel's accident on Wednesday morning, (she wasn't injured) it seemed almost like a let down to have to deal with Christmas. The best present we could have gotten, was that she wasn't hurt or killed in that accident. I don't want to even imagine how awful it could have been. We were very blessed. On Thursday, Christmas Eve, Danelle and the kids brought Braquel down for work at 9:00 and then just went to our house for the remainder of the day. They all showered and got ready for the party there. When we got off and went home, Danelle and I made 4 jelly roll pans up for pizza after the family party. I kept thinking we were making way too many...we'd never eat all that. But, we almost did. We made a sausage & mushroom, a cheese, a pepperonni, and a canadian bacon & tomato . I'll bet I didn't throw away more than six slices...After that we opened gifts. Steph & Dave had Brittney with them, and she had to be to work at 10:00, and it takes them at least an hour to drive to Gooding, so they wanted to leave by 8:30. C.J. and Brenda & Hillary didn't get to our home until almost 8:30, and Tori wasn't much before that, so we missed somethings with almost all of them. But it was still a wonderful night. It's so much fun to have everyone there.
Danelle called Christmas morning, and I was telling her that by the time Jeff took Vern & Reta home and came back, I almost had the kitchen cleaned up. She said Chelsey and Mikayla were really worried about how messy they left the kitchen. It wasn't all that bad, but it did look like alot of people cooked pizza and ate there. But it was all good...they worry too much about how I HATE mess...It doesn't really bother me that much, I just don't leave it like that, so they think I never have a mess...which isn't true at all.
Over the weekend, I made tons of tags with my scraps from the star albums and some things I'd gotten at WalMart, and started scrapping again. I actually got six double page spreads done. I took photos this morning, and I'll start uploading some so you can all see them.
This weekend I might go shopping for the new camera I wanted for Christmas. I just never did get time to really study them out and decide which one I want. I'm leaning toward a Nikon, but haven't decided which one yet. I know I want one that has changeable lens, one that will take photos quickly (not the delayed style I have now), one that has some weight and substance to it...more like my old Canon SLR. We got quite a few gift cards too, so Jeff is thinking we might as well go shopping this weekend.
Lookinig forward to the BSU game on Monday. I wore my sweatshirt today, and will probably wear one everyday until the game. I don't really think they have much chance of winning, but it's still exciting for Idaho.

No comments: