Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Decorations

Last year I finally bought a new prelit tree that is 9'or maybe it's taller... It's so heavy though, that I can't lift it. I think this year I may store it in two boxes or something. But I do love having a taller tree.
This is the reflection of the tree in the window.

I have had this string of red and white lights forever, and never used them, but this year Mikayla and I decided to put them on the mantel and I love them!







The tree is really all red/white and I love how it turned out. Mikayla did a great job.

Chelsey did the stair railing for me, and did such a good job. I just told her to go for it, and she is very creative. Downstairs she did the tree in purple/silver/and black. I had a long thing of stretchy silver stuff...that I never knew what to do with really, and she cut it in pieces and put them around on the tree which was awesome. I'm so proud of those girls.

Below are the hot cocoa mixes that I covered to give out to friends and neighbors when they come to visit. So often you just need something quickly that doesn't have to be huge. And if that many people don't come to visit...I'll just give it away somewhere else.



Wow. It's the 10th of December already, and I still have soooo much to do. But, Mikayla and Chelsey came down on Sunday and helped me put up decorations, which really helped. Tonight we're having our work party here at our house, so I had to get it done. Poor Mikayla. She really wasn't dressed warmly enough to go out and help me bring in all the decorations out of the shop, but she did it...without even complaining. Maybe she did behind my back, but she was such a good sport. Jeff built a shelf high above the door to the shop for my Christmas "stuff"...and I put things in big storage containers. The problem was, getting them down. They were all so heavy! And the big tree for upstairs was impossible. I just couldn't budge it. Even though Jeff didn't feel good, when I asked him to help, he did. He was even a little mad at me for not asking him to help with all of it. And I thought I was being nice letting him rest. But, my back did pay for the lifting and carrying, that's for sure.








Anyway, the girls were excellent help. Mikayla pretty much did the upstairs tree and Chelsey did the downstairs one. I love it. I love getting the lights up and having that "glow" about the house. There's just nothing that makes me feel more like Christmas.

1 comment:

Danelle said...

the house looks awesome. I could sit and stare at christmas tree lights for hours. It definately brings in the spirit of christmas!