Monday, December 21, 2009

The Candy Making







I decorated the tops of my kitchen cabinets a little different this year. I leave the pine boughs, the moose, and the window & crock pot up all year long. So I really didn't add too much this year. My mother gave me the crock pot for my birthday. I told her I didn't really need anything boughten, but would love any antique she wanted to part with. I love it! Jeff's mom gave me the pair of moose on the other side for Christmas a few years ago. I love my kitchen. Yesterday, Danelle and the kids came over to make Christmas candy. We spent all day long and it was alot of fun. Wow...what a messy kitchen though. Chelsey kept worrying about how messy my kitchen was and how I felt about it. She doesn't think the house is ever messy, and she thought I'd be really upset over the mess. But, it was just too much fun to worry about. We made carmeled popcorn, about 6 batches, 2 batches of pecan carmels, almond rocha, billionaires, bannana nut bread, rolled cookies, dipped pretzels, 2 batches of divinity....a ton of stuff.
The kids were so good too. Treven hung out with Grandpa, and Jeff couldn't quit telling me all the stuff he and Treven had talked about and done together. Treven read me a book, and for a first grader, I couldn't believe how well he reads. I was impressed. He is soooo smart. Ellie was so good all day. She played on the floor and hardly ever cried. Mikayla and Chelsey helped with the candy. Great kids!



No comments: