Friday, September 25, 2009

Soda Springs

On Sunday, my mother and my sister Janell, and I went to Soda Springs to visit another sister, Doris. It was her birthday, and we've been trying to go up for several years now. I almost didn't get to go. A couple of my co-workers were off, one's wife had heart surgery, and another had his brother in SLC and they didn't think he would live. But, late Saturday night, I got a call that Lynn would make it to work on Monday, so I got to leave. We left about 5:00 and got up there around 7:30. Just in time to have angel food cake and strawberries, and give Doris her gifts. I think she was pretty glad that we made it.
On Monday, we stamped and had a great time. Lori and Maxine came out and stamped with us which was fun. On Tuesday we quilted on my quilt and finished it up, along with another tied quilt and a quilted baby quilt. We got alot done. I fixed dinner and we had Southwest Lasagna, green salad, and hot itilian bread and rhubarb cobbler for dessert. I hope everyone liked it. On Wednesday we stamped again, and then headed back home around 3:00. There is road construction from McCammon to Soda and you have to drive 45MPH but it wasn't really too bad.
While we were there, we went to an excercise class every morning with Doris. It was actually pretty fun and I really enjoyed it. The ladies there are all so friendly. It seems like a great place to live, except that I know how cold the winter's are...and the snow.
It was a great time. I'll post a photo of my quilt as soon as I get it bound. It turned out awesome.

No comments: