Friday, September 11, 2009

Cemetery at Bannack




I'm not really sure what my fascination is with cemetery's, but I love them. Love wandering around reading the names, the dates, see what short lives people seemed to have back then. I love figuring the ages, reading comments that were carved into stone for everyone to read, wishing I knew more about these people. Maybe it's because we know so little about our ancestors. Jeff's family has life stories (books really) from grandparents and great-grandparents. We know next to nothing about our family. Maybe that's part of the reason I like doing scrapbooks also. I want my family to know what I believed in, what I cared about, how I spent my time, my trials and triumphs. Sometimes I only scrap the holidays...but I really want them to know how I felt about things also. I've decided I'm going to start an album that is more dedicated to my feelings, my beliefs, my challenges, the day-to-day things that matter to me, and how I feel about my country will be part of that also. The way things are going now, I'm just not sure how the life we've known for the past several years, is going to continue. What does the future hold for us? Will my children and grandchildren be able to own homes, drive several cars, have plenty of food and good health care? So much of that life seems to be going away right now, that it's scary to me. But, I've been scared before and things have turned out okay...so I'm hoping for the best.


No comments: