Thursday, September 17, 2009

More Vacation Photos

This photo was from the west side looking down to where the Nez Peirce indians were encamped. From this trail, you could see where they marked the graves of soldiers. Doesn't it look peaceful? On my hike up this trail, I ran into a snake...I sort of kicked at the dirt to make him move, and he just laid there. After several attempts to get him to move, I decided it must be dead. That was until I tried walking across it...then it moves and scared me to death.





It was so pretty here. It was quite a walk into the encampment, but I was so glad I did it. It gave you goosebumps to read the signs of the chiefs and think about how many women and children were killed. As I walked back up the trail, the sky was overcast and the sun came through and it was so pretty. Had to have a photo of that.







No comments: