Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let's start at Bannack, MT

Right from the beginning, I knew I was going to love this old town. Robin had told us to make sure we visited there, and it was fantastic. It is NOT being restored, but they are determined to maintain it. You can walk in and out of buildings at your leisure, they just ask that you shut the door behind you. There's old flooring, paint, wall paper, some furniture although not much. I loved the old wagons and the color of old wood. It was just wonderful. Thanks Robin, for recommending that we stop here.



Jeff really liked this old International truck. We were on our way to see the gallows when we ran into this gem. Oh...the gallows...they hung their sheriff...

Isn't this a beautiful church?



Again, because my dad always had horses and wagons...I loved seeing all this.

























We spent nearly three hours in this town, just walking in and out of houses, checking out the jail, the gallows, the cemetary, everything we could. We were both just mesmirized by it. I would recommend that anyone going that direction take the time to visit there.
Just to catch up on everything else, it's been super busy trying to catch up at work. Being gone for a week was wonderful, but oh...the work that stacked up. Not on at "work", but at home too. I did spend last night and early this morning cutting out some wood words...they will be a prize for some challenges that we've been holding. I'm getting really excited about going to Soda and quilting and stamping with my sisters, and then it will be October...and I can't wait!








No comments: