Thursday, September 17, 2009


Devil's Tower was truly beautiful. I really didn't know much about it, but Jeff said he wanted to see it. It was quite a few miles out of the way, but I'm really glad we went. The legend is that some little Indian girls were playing and a bear came after them. They prayed to the Lord and he lifted them up on this rock, but the bear kept scratching the sides, trying to get them.
While we were there, several people were climbing the tower. One was a lady! I thought that was pretty cool. It was actually quite hot that day, and we watched for a while, but they had found a shady spot and were resting. From here, we drove into South Dakota. I think you could spend a couple of weeks there. There were so many places to go and things to do and see. I'll start those pictures another day.
It's been very busy at work, and I'm getting up at 4:30 every morning trying to use the treadmill so I'm a little tired and stressed out.

No comments: