Thursday, November 28, 2013

Whitney layout






We have finally arrived at the last layout I had finished before the retreat.  And guess what?  I didn't do a single layout at the fall retreat...no...I have NOT scrapbooked since I did all the layouts from the spring retreat.  I got a kit out once...a long time ago (right after the retreat when I realized I didn't do a single layout at the retreat) but put it back in the box for another day.  I've done more sewing, crafting, cooking, etc.  But, after Christmas I'll be right back at it I'm sure.
Yesterday I made five pies for dinner today.  I tried all new recipes that I got off the internet.  Layered lemon pie, apple pie, and chocolate mouse...Jeff tried a slice of the apple pie last night and said it was excellent.  You make your crust, fill it with apples and top with a lattice.  Then boil butter, white sugar and brown sugar....I added cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove spices.  After it's simmered you pour it slowly over the pie.  It runs over the lattice crust and into the pie.  When it bakes it sort of crystalizes the filling on top and looks great.  And he said it tasted great.  I tasted the chocolate mouse because it made more than the crust would hold....yummmm.  So I'm excited.  I'm up, ready to stuff the turkeys, roll out my rolls, peel potatoes....should be a fun day!
So much to be thankful for.

No comments: